Career Opportunity – Stem Cell Investigators
Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI) is a national research institute within Hamad bin Khalifa University. As a national research institute, QBRI aims to improve and transform healthcare through innovation in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting the Qatari population and the region. As a disease-focused institute, QBRI concentrates on applying integrative and multidisciplinary approaches to provide novel insights into the molecular basis of breast cancer, type-2 diabetes and neurological disorders, and the development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies to facilitate early diagnosis, treatment and management of these devastating diseases towards improving personalized medicine and healthcare.
Hamad bin Khalifa University, a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, is a research university located within Education City in Doha, Qatar.
Full-time Stem Cell Investigator Positions
QBRI is currently seeking to hire full-time investigators at the equivalent of Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor, to pursue research in stem cell biology. The focus of our research projects is to use human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs) to investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying diabetes, insulin resistance, and pancreatic beta cell development.
These positions offer outstanding scientific resources and generous funding opportunities amidst existing expertise; access to state-of-the-art core laboratories and to a homogeneous and genetically unique population. In addition, there will be the opportunity to take a joint academic appointment at the College of Engineering and Science, HBKU. The positions offer ample opportunities for interaction and collaboration with national, regional and international universities, research institutes, clinical entities and organizations.
- PhD degree in biological sciences or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of stem cell research.
- Solid experience in leading research projects with an outstanding record of research accomplishments.
- Record of productive scholarship; mentoring students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Solid experience with human pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs and hESCs).
- Experience in genome editing technology would be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to work in a highly cooperative team environment as well as independently.
How to apply?
Please submit your complete application (a copy of curriculum vitae, a research statement, a teaching philosophy statement, publications list, and reprints of the most relevant publications, as well as the names and contacts of a minimum of three references) through the HBKU website: https://hbku.wufoo.com/forms/w19msafp0nl4byb/
Completed applications will be reviewed and interviews will be arranged with selected candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Hamad bin Khalifa University is an Equal Opportunity educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining a culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.